Queer Department

Last updated: 06.01.2021

Attention: The AStA is closed to the public, due to the pandemic. If you have any questions or problems please contact us by email!

We have every second Wednesday from 16:00-17:00 a online plenum. Write us a e-mail, we will send you the link.
Next appointments: 20th of january., 3th and 17th of february.

Our autonomous department:

Mail: queer@asta.tu-berlin.de

Mo. / Mon.

Di. / Tue.

Mi. / Wed.

Do. / Thu.

Fr. / Fri.

QueerCafe – Safer space for free gender expression

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 12:00 to 14:00 in TK2 (Flauschraum, ground floor of the AStA building) Couches, tea, electrical outlets, heating, unisex toilet and wheelchair accessible Take a break from everyday university life.

Please note: We have different office hours during the semester break. Exact hours to be determined.


Queers at our university get together for snacks and drinks every second Wednesday of the month in EB104 (room EB226).

About the department

“That’s so gay!” + contemptuous look; “So are you a boy or girl?” “That’s for women/men!” To all this we say: Phooey!
We at the TU Berlin Queer Department want to create a place of contact and networking for people who do not see themselves represented in this hetero(sexual) norm, for those who do not identify with the gender binary (exclusively as a man or woman) or experience a “natural” pull towards one these two categories. A/bi/homo/ or pansexual, genderqueer, inter, poly, or trans….Our focus is on mutual support and empowerment from a queer feminist perspective in our everyday battles and beautiful moments. And to make our life realities visible at the University and beyond! To this end, we hold regular meetings and events – come by and join in! We look forwarding to seeing you 🙂

***If you would like to come to an event and require childcare or other support, please let us know. We will do our best to organize a solution.*** 


Every second Wednesday from 16:00-17:00 online. Write us a e-mail, we will send you the link.
Next appointments: 20th of january., 3th and 17 of february.

Please note: The plenum is not held during the semester break. Send us an email if you need us.


Useful links: