Last updated: July 27, 2022
Due to the semester break we do not have regular plenums at the moment! Please contact us by mail if you have any concerns. If we have dates for further plenums, we will post them here!
Every Wednesday at 4.30 pm in the queer department room (first room left when entering the AStA building, you can recognise it through the rainbow flag on the window). Participation online also possible, write us an email! Please, get tested beforehand and wear an FFP2 mask.
Please note: The plenum is not held during the semester break. Send us an email if you need us.
The next Queer Beer will take place on Wednesday, June 22, 2022 at 6 pm! At Café Shila. More information here: https://asta.tu-berlin.de/artikel/queer-beer-am-22-juni-um-1800/
QueerCafé – Safer space for free gender expression
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 12:00 to 14:00 in TK2 (Flauschraum, ground floor of the AStA building) Couches, tea, electrical outlets, heating, unisex toilet and wheelchair accessible Take a break from everyday university life.
About the department
“That’s so gay!” + contemptuous look; “So are you a boy or girl?” “That’s for women/men!” To all this we say: Phooey!
We at the TU Berlin Queer Department want to create a place of contact and networking for people who do not see themselves represented in this hetero(sexual) norm, for those who do not identify with the gender binary (exclusively as a man or woman) or experience a “natural” pull towards one these two categories. A/bi/homo/ or pansexual, genderqueer, inter, poly, or trans….Our focus is on mutual support and empowerment from a queer feminist perspective in our everyday battles and beautiful moments. And to make our life realities visible at the University and beyond! To this end, we hold regular meetings and events – come by and join in! We look forwarding to seeing you 🙂
***If you would like to come to an event and require childcare or other support, please let us know. We will do our best to organize a solution.***
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (PGP: F0440384)
- Twitter: @QueerRefTUB
- Facebook: facebook.com/taintedunicorns
- Trans* advising by RefRat HU: http://www.refrat.de/beratung.trans.html
- Petition to sign #TINklusive Uni: https://www.change.org/p/tinklusiveuni-jetzt-f%C3%BCr-trans-inter-und-nicht-bin%C3%A4re-studierende-steffenkrach
- “Gender diversity” TU Berlin: https://www.tu-berlin.de/menue/ueber_die_tu_berlin/gleichstellung_diversitaet/diversitaet_chancengleichheit/diversitaetsstrategie/geschlechtliche_vielfalt/parameter/en/
(If you have questions about name and/or gender marker change (for example through ISIS), you can contact Anna Schreiner.)
- “A list of queer and trans-friendly doctors and therapists”: https://queermed-deutschland.de/