We are looking for a Student as Server and System Admin for the The General Student’s Committee (AStA) of the Technical University Berlin
from the 1. December 2023
What does the job entail?
Together with two other persons, you will be in charge of the computer infrastructure of the General Student Committee of the TU Berlin. Your tasks will include the administration of the mail, terminal, print, backup and web servers as well as the terminals, print copiers and the network infrastructure. You will also be involved in the further development of our in-house software.
Ideally you should have the following qualifications:
- Experience in administration (hardware and software) of Linux systems with above mentioned services.
- Experience with web programming using Python (Django) or Ruby (Rails) programming languages. Experience with Unix scripts, e.g. Bash.
- Independent participation in communication with other AStA departments as well as the central university IT administration.
- Ability to work in a team, social competence, reliability, open and friendly character
We are looking for politically engaged people and would be happy if you would get involved in the AStA beyond your job, participate in plenaries and support the work of the political units.
The Job offers:
- A working time of 40 / 41 hours per month
- Hourly wage of 13,01 Euro (based on TV Stud III + TU Berlin supplement)
- A contract period of 2 years with a desired option for extension
- A self-organized environment with different people who all carry the AStA project together.
We would like to particularly encourage the following groups of people:
- female, inter* and/or trans*, agender or nonbinary persons;
- lesbian, gay or bisexual and/or queer persons;
- persons who ave to earn their own living;
- persons who care for dependents, especially single parents;
- persons without a German passport; (post)migrant;
- BIPoC and Jewish people and/or people who experience racist and/or anti-Semitic discrimination;
- persons who are affected by classism and/or are first-generation students;
- persons who have chronic illnesses, disabilities or severe disabilities and/or people who experience ableist discrimination.
Please send your meaningful application with CV, phone number and WITHOUT photo by mail to:
AStA TU Berlin, Sek. TK 2, Finanzreferat, Straße des 17. Juni 135, 10623 Berlin
Or by mail to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is October 15, 2023 at 8pm.
The recruitment interviews are expected to take place from October 16 – 31, 2023.