Whether advising, office work, the finance department, semester ticket office, technology pool, library, or system administration, TU Berlin’s student self-administration is almost entirely run by students. They work in a cooperative structure based on common interests and mutual respect.
Ordinarily, we advertise positions with 40 hours per month for two years at EUR 12.50 per hour; this is comparable to the collective wage agreement for student assistants. We organize our work in such a way so that jobs in the AStA can be balanced with your studies, other political involvement, and family/personal life.
- Decided: extended “individual standard period of study” ( verlängerte “individuelle Regelstudienzeit”) for BAföG during Corona + “free trial” (“Freiversuch”) in examsYesterday on September 17, 2020, the Berlin University Act was amended and the “individual standard period of study” (“Förderungshöchstdauer”) was extended by one semester. That means you will get BAföG one semester longer, regardless of whether you are already in a “funding over the maximum funding period” (“Förderungs über die Förderungshöchstdauer hinaus”). The only important […]
- New AStA WebsiteHello, since today, the AStA has a new website! So what does this change for you: Nothing! Because all the content of the former site, you will find also here. If you see any errors, please mail them to us via this mailing address: firstname.lastname@example.org Note: Some english content is missing, but will be added […]
- Corona Urgency Aid of federal government “Zuschuss für Studierende in akuter Notlage”, becomes active on 16th June 2020
- Corona and BAföG your performance recordDue to the Corona- Pandemic, the university administration is only working at minimum capacity. If you are in your 4th Semester and you don’t have the performance record ( Leistungsnachweis), you are going to ask yourself, how to get it. On the 17th of April The Federal Ministry for education and research made a publication […]
- Application for technical fund from StudierendenwerkThe technical fund from the Studierendenwerk can be applied since the 14.05. The motto is “first come, first served”, students can apply between 200 – 500 €, as long as the money lasts! We do not comment on this and just provide you the link. https://www.stw.berlin/unternehmen/themen/antrag-technikfonds.html Your social counselling
- Financing gaps due to Corona?
- Online Speaking hour of Netzwerk Selbsthilfe e.V.
- Dziękujemy za Wyzwolenie!
- Welcome to the new semester!This upcoming summer semester 2020 will be challenging for all of us. Nevertheless, the General Students’ Committee (AStA for short) will be there for you – just in an unfamiliar pure digital way! We also have had to adapt to this new form, but we are happy to continue offering you our extensive advisory service. […]
- A challenging semester – AStA informs youOf course, you have many questions this semester – even more than usual. The current situation is not easy for any of us, we are facing new challenges and circumstances. But especially at this moment it’s our particular task to make sure to be there for you to the full extent. As we already mentioned […]
- Hartz 4 as a loan for students, model proposalThe AStA Wuppertal in corporation with the Tacheles Association have published a model proposal for Hartz 4 as a loan (§27 SGB II Abs 3 Satz 1) for students. The money is supposed to be applied for quickly. And , quote Tacheles : the repayment at the end of your studies should be “inequitable”, so […]
- #unserBerlHG: Demands towards a new Berliner HochschulgesetzAfter Easter you will receive our informations via #unserBerlHG about our demands towards a new “Hochschulgesetz” for Berlin. Stay tuned and join us!
- The effects of Corona on your studiesHere you will find a summary of all short and long term changes and new regulations for examinations, deadlines and study organisation. Written examinations Since 19.03.2020 there are no more written presence examinations. This means that you don’t have to cancel your registration for any exams you might have. Exam registrations are automatically cancelled. Of […]